PREVENTING ABUSE OF CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES
We Can Do It!
This page provides an index of documents you can download or view online -- or both! Use this area as a resource for keeping in touch with the core content and the latest issues in prevention of the abuse of people with disabilities.
Top Choices: :
Document Formats Key:
RTF: Rich Text Format -- viewable with most word processing software
PDF: Portable Document Format - needs Adobe Acrobat Reader
PPT: PowerPoint presentation (Microsoft)
The CAN Do! Project has 3 key objectives: (1) Enhance Interagency collaborations and innovations through Statewide Think Tank Meetings (2) Support the development of Training on Child Abuse and Disabilities and (3) Support expansion of data-gathering on child abuse and disabilities. The following documents are provided as one component in meeting these three objectives.
In support of the Think Tank Objective:
Special Listing, first posted Nov. 2004
"Abuse and Neglect of Adults with Developmental Disabilities: A Public Health Priority for the State of California"
A report of:
Protection and Advocacy, Inc.
State Council on Developmental Disabilities
USC University Affiliated Program
The Tarjan Center for Developmental Disabilities, UCLA
PAI Publication #7019.01
PDF Version (will open in a new window; close window to return to this page)
Web Version (will open in a new window; close window to return to this page)
- Materials List: Nora Baladerian. Prepared 7/2006 (DOC Format)
- CAN/Do Project Description: Prepared 10/15/01 (RTF Format)
- Fact Sheet One: A fact sheet on disabilities (RTF Format)
- Overview on Abuse and Disabilities: Nora Baladerian, Ph.D. (RTF Format)
- Americans With Disabilities Act and the Private Practice Professional: Nora Baladerian, Ph.D. (RTF Format)
- Abuse Q&A: Leigh Ann Davis; A fact sheet on Sexual Abuse and Disabilites (RTF Format)
- Adult Victims with Disabilities: Intervention Approaches; Nora Baladerian, Ph.D. (RTF format)
- Working with Victims of Crime with Disabilities: US Department of Justice, Office of Victims of Crime (PDF)
- Children as Victims: US Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Deliquency Prevention (PDF)
- Juvenile Victims of Property Crime: US Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Deliquency Prevention (PDF)
- Our Aging Population: Promoting Empowerment, Preventing Victimization, and Implementing Coordinated Interventions: US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs (PDF)
- Victim's Rights - Reach for the Stars: US Department of Justice, Office of Victims of Crime (PDF)
In support of the Multidisciplinary Team objective:
In support of the Data-Gathering Objective:
Note: If you choose the Online View, it will open in a new window. Once you have completed the presentation, just close the window to come back to this page.
|Description ||Downloads (PPT Format) ||Online |
|Perspective: Responding to Crimes Against People with Disabilities ||download || |
|Orientation: California Coalition Against Sexual Assault - Campus Crime: Sexual Assault of Students with Disabilities ||download ||view |
|Orientation: Child Abuse and Teens with Disabilities ||download ||view |
Overview of the California Governor's OES Project: CAN Do! Child Abuse and Neglect: Disability Outreach
|download ||view |
This page is Bobby Approved